Migraine is a common neurological disorder that causes a variety of symptoms, most notably a throbbing headache on one side of the head. Migraines can get triggered by physical activity, light, sounds, or smells. It lasts at least 4 hours and in some cases several days. About 12% of Americans have this genetic disorder. According to the survey, it is the sixth most common disabling condition in the world. When a migraine attack or episode occurs, most people will do anything to make it go away.
Texas Specialty Clinic provides quality treatment for migraines. If you are seeking medical help for your migraine problem, visit us for safe treatment and fast recovery. We have a team of professional doctors who will help you treat migraines. If you are suffering from migraine episodes, call us immediately at (469) 545-9983 to book an appointment.
The remedies mentioned below are drug-free methods to decrease migraine symptoms. These remedies without medications can help prevent migraine attacks from occurring or at least reduce their severity and duration :-
- Biofeedback :- Electromyography (EMG) biofeedback treatment is commonly used to treat migraines to observe and monitor skeletal and muscle tone. Electrodes are typically used around three specific upper body muscles that tend to tighten before a migraine attack.
In EMG biofeedback therapy, three electrodes are attached to the body. Two are placed at a specified distance on the selected muscle, and the third electrode is placed at a neutral point on the body to serve as a reference point to accurately measure responses to stress.Over time, learning what causes muscle tension and techniques to relax tight muscles can reduce the frequency and intensity of headaches.
- Acupuncture :- Acupuncture splits the body into a series of zones and points. Thin needles of acupuncture are inserted into different points of the body depending on the symptoms. The tips of these needles are usually closer to the nerves in the body. The needles stimulate nerves to release endorphins and other hormones that trigger a response from the body. This immune and circulatory system stimulation is what proponents of acupuncture claim to relieve migraines and tension headaches.
- Sleep :- The relationship between sleep and migraines is not entirely clear. Studies have found a link between frequent migraine headaches and poor sleep quality. This association holds true for people with migraine with aura and without aura. Go to bed at the same time each night, avoid consuming caffeine in the evening, and avoid stimulating activities before bed. These are some ways you can improve your sleep.Research shows that sleep deprivation and migraines are often closely related. So change your routine to help you sleep better :-
- Do not watch TV, read or listen to music in bed.
- Don’t take a nap.
- Avoid eating heavy food within a few hours of sleep time.
- Do not use your mobile phone, laptop, or tablet while you sleep.
- Yoga :- Yoga can help reduce the severity and frequency of migraines. Yoga is a mind and body therapy that originated in ancient India. People all over the world are practising it now. Poses, meditation and breathing exercises are performed while doing yoga. Studies have shown that it can reduce anxiety, stress and depression. Stress is a significant and common trigger for migraines. Yoga can help prevent migraine headaches by relaxing stressed areas such as the neck, head, and shoulders.Studies show that yoga may be a complementary practice to help manage migraine headaches and migraine-related disorders. Poses that put stress on the neck should be avoided.
- Avoid Specific Food :- Food plays an important role in migraine attack prevention. Many types of foods can trigger migraines, for example :-
- Foods containing nitrates.
- Alcohol, especially red wine.
- Pickled foods.
- Processed foods.
- Dried fruits.
- Dairy products.
A small amount of caffeine can relieve migraines in some people. Caffeine is also found in some migraine medications. However, too much caffeine can cause migraine attacks. It can also cause severe headaches from caffeine withdrawal.
Keep a daily food diary to find out which foods and drinks trigger your migraine attacks. Note down everything that you eat and how you feel after eating.
- Massage Therapy :- People with migraines may have different reasons that can trigger an episode, which is why these extreme headaches are hard to diagnose and treat. Massage therapy can be a good option to manage the condition and improve the quality of life. Taking massage therapy can offer many other benefits beyond pain relief, which include :-
- Helps in reducing stress, anxiety and depression.
- Improves blood circulation and flow of oxygen.
- Recovers muscles and improves joint flexibility.
- Improves immunity system.
Massage therapy can help your health in different ways, including reducing the frequency of migraines and relieving pain.